Friday, March 22, 2013

Five for Friday {March 22nd}

1.  It's that time of year when my roommate and I had to decide if we were going to stay in our current apartment or look for something new.  We both decided we still would like to be a little closer to the city.  I really like the area of town we live in now so I still want to be near Ravenswood, but being just a bit more south would make the commute to and from work easier.  After two whirlwind days of walking all over the North side of town, inquiring about 20 different ads, and viewing five apartments I found one!  We just found out yesterday that we were approved and I am so excited!  We will still be on the North side of town, but we will be closer to the store, good restuarants, and will have air conditioning, which is all great.  We move next month, so there is still packing and the actually move to worry about, but we don't have a lot of things so it should be ok.

2.  Several months ago I saw this Noosa Yoghurt at the grocery store and decided to buy it.  I absolutely love it!  They have about five different flavors and so far the strawberry rhubarb and blueberry are my favorite.  It is super creamy and smooth with just the right amount of tang.  The milk used is from happy, hormone free, Colorado cows, and is infused with honey and pureed fresh fruit, so there are no wonky ingredients.  This stuff is awesome, seriously.  Go grab some if you haven't tried it yet!   I've seen them in Whole Foods and Target.  (just a note: I didn't receive any compensation for writing about Noosa Yoghurt. I just really like it and wanted to share what I thought with you.)

3.  Guess what?!  I am going to take a little trip to Denver, Colorado in a couple months and I am sooo looking forward to it.  I've never been there before and can't wait for a mini vacation.  If you have any recommendations of things to do, see, or eat while I'm there please share!

4. I love pancakes!  (Well, who dosen't really?)  But sometimes they can be a lot work to make.  This four ingredient version I found on Pinterest is very easy and delicious.  All you need is a container of Greek yogurt, an egg, flour, and a bit of baking soda. 
It makes four pretty large pancakes.  I have been adding frozen organic blueberries in mine and topping it with just a bit of Trader Joe's Short Stack Pancake Syrup, which takes it over the top!  It's really easy to add any extras like flax seeds, nuts, or other fruit and create lots of different pancakes.  The pancakes are very filling too, which pancakes often aren't.  I have made this several times over the past few weeks - I can't get enough!


5.  This Saturday, March 23rd at 8:30pm is Earth Hour.  I've participated the last few years and it's really easy to join in: you simply turn your lights off for one hour in support of making the planet a better place to live.  You can sign the pledge here and then commit to make a change.  There are tons of "I Will If You Will" challenges up on the Earth Hour Global Channel.  Essentially someone promises to do something, from dying their beard green to donating money to a cause to hosting a free class, if a certain number of people agree to commit something like using a reusable tumbler or stop eating fast food for a month or switch to energy efficient light bulbs, etc.  It's all about raising awareness about climate change and promoting sustainability for the planet.   

What are your favorite type of pancakes?  Are you going to participate in Earth Hour this weekend? Any recommendations for Denver?