Thursday, January 3, 2013

Highlights of 2012 and Moving Forward in 2013

2012 was quite a year.  Here's a look back at some highlights:

Met more local bloggers.

Became a full time employee at my job at the Spa and Fitness Center!  This is my first full time job, which means benefits.


Ran a half marathon PR at the Georgia Half Marathon with help from my mom!

Modeled some new fitness clothes at the Fleet Feet Girl's Night Out.

Ran my first 10 Mile Race at Soldier Field.

Moved into a new apartment.


Ran a 5K in a cemetery at night!

Trained and completed my first marathon in Chicago.  The marathon took up five months of the year - this was a HUGE event for me!

Spent Thanksgiving with family on beautiful Kiawah Island, SC.  


And now that the new year is here, these are few things I am working toward.  
(I didn't accomplish everything I wanted to in 2012, so some things have moved over to 2013.)  

  • Become a stronger, balanced runner.  My physical therapy sessions are already helping this.
  • Run another half marathon.  I would really like to do another marathon too, but we'll see how things go.  
  • Read more books.  I received a Kindle for Christmas which I think will make reading much easier.  
  • Practice yoga more consistently.  Ideally I would like to do yoga once a week.  
  • Travel somewhere new to me.
  • Reach my happy weight.  I maintained my 100 pound weight loss over the past year, but still haven't reached my goal.  With my new Body Media Armband though, I know this will happen soon!
  • Get more sleep. 
  • Try a new recipe every month.  I really enjoy being in the kitchen and have tons of recipes pinned on Pinterest - so I want to get cooking and baking!

What is a resolution you have made for the new year?