Monday, May 21, 2012

Your Healthista Boot Camp

One of my favorite blogs is Your Healthista (formally Your Nutritionista) which is written by Leah.  Her content is spot on and I love her point of view on food, weight loss, and exercise.  She just gets it.  If you haven't checked it out go do so now.  Seriously.  


A few weeks ago I saw a tweet from Your Healthista about a free Boot Camp she is offering.  After checking out the post I thought "why not?"  These last 15-20 pounds have been really difficult to lose and a boot camp seemed like good motivation to change my workouts.  Leah is posting two boot camp workouts a week, one on Tuesday and Thursday.  After you do the workout just post on the Your Healthista Facebook page and you are entered into winning the month's prize.  The boot camp lasts from May to July and this month's drawing is for an awesome yoga mat.  


I have been doing this for two and half weeks and love it!  The workouts are quick and intense.  There has been a good variety to the workouts as well, everything from running intervals to a cross fit inspired one to one that is done on a playground.  Go check it out!


I am still running, but I have been doing the boot camp workouts on my cross training days.   Soldier Field 10 Mile is coming up Saturday, so I will be taking it easy so I'm not sore on race day.  This will be my first 10 mile race and it has great reviews so I'm excited!