Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Look Back at 2011 and Looking Forward to 2012

I have to say that 2011 was a pretty great year.  Here are some of the highlights:

Ran my first half marathon in January at Disney World
Volunteered at the Disney Princess Half Marathon.
Was an assistant coach for Girls on the Run.
Discovered I really like listening to books while running.


Completed my second half marathon, the IronGirl in Clearwater.
Reached a milestone of losing 100 pounds.
Volunteered at the Chicago Marathon.
Met some local bloggers.
Ran my first 15K and ran with my mom for the first time.
Had an active holiday with my family.


Over the year I have also become a faster runner and joined in some group runs with Fleet Feet, even becoming a member of their FF Cheer team.  I completed seven races this year and set new personal records at a 5K, 10K, and half marathon.  I even found a job that I enjoy and have also met some great people here in Chicago.  

I feel like I have grown a lot this past year and half since graduating college.  Losing weight and becoming healthier has really changed my whole outlook on life.  I never imagined that I could feel the way I feel about myself now.  I am excited to continue my journey!


After such a good year, what will 2012 have to bring?  More of the good stuff I hope!  There are always new things to try, new foods to eat, new places to go, and new people to meet and I am open to all of that.  Here are a few things I am looking forward to doing:
  • Keep a positive outlook on life.
  • After volunteering and watching the Chicago Marathon I know that I want to complete one myself this year.  I am leaning towards Chicago, but am open to others. 
  • Move to a better apartment that is closer to the city.
  • Get my own domain name.
  • To continue my healthy lifestyle.  I am going to figure out and reach my happy, healthy weight this year.  I am so close to being there! 
  • Keep learning.
So here's to the start of a wonderful new year!!

Source: flickr.com via Cate on Pinterest

How was 2011 for you?  Do you have any goals or resolutions for the new year?  Any advice on what should be my first marathon?