Monday, July 25, 2011

Seven Links

You've seen this around blogs recently, right?  I think things like this are fun and Victoria over at Running Peanut tagged me to join in!  I have only been blogging for a year, but I had a hard time picking these (go figure).


THE GOAL
To unite bloggers (from all sectors) in a joint endeavor to share lessons learned and create a bank of long but not forgotten blog posts that deserve to see the light of day again.

THE RULES
1) Blogger is nominated to take part
2) Blogger publishes his/her 7 links on his/her blog – 1 link for each category.
3) Blogger nominates up to 5 more bloggers to take part.
4) These bloggers publish their 7 links and nominate another 5 more bloggers
5) And so it goes on!
6) They’ll be sharing the best posts from participating bloggers on Trip Base and everyday on Facebook and Twitter at #My7Links.



Most Beautiful: Girls on the Run Final Celebration
The final 5K race for Girls on the Run was a fabulous day.  I loved coaching the girls during the season and seeing the joy and pride on each of their faces after finishing the 5K.  GOTR is an amazing program and I am so glad I have been able to be apart of it in a small way.


Most Popular: Taste of Chicago - WIAW 
The Taste of Chicago Post was only done a few weeks ago, but it is my most viewed post, partly from WIAW and just Google searches about Taste of Chicago. 


Most Controversial: Reading and Running at the Same Time 
I'm not sure I really write "controversial" posts here, but with this post there was some discussion about books, some people who wanted to try it, and others who said it wasn't for them.  I was unsure about listening to a book while running, but I love doing it now.  I usually save my music for races or short runs.


Most Helpful: WDW Half Marathon Training: Week Six - Knee Pain
During training for my first half, I talked about the knee pain I was experiencing while running and what has worked for me to help lessen and practically get rid of the pain including links to some helpful sites.  I hope it has helped someone.  (Thinking about this again makes me think I could write an update on my knees...)


Surprise Success: Sports Enthusiast for Disney Princess Half Marathon
My mom and I had a wonderful time volunteering at the Princess Half in February.  It was so neat to be on the other side of a race event!  I am happy that it has been a successful post


Not Enough Attention: A Positive Something is Better Than A Negative Nothing
This post was inspired after a WW meeting I attended before the holidays.  The idea was simple and positive and I wanted to share it.  Sometimes this weight loss journey seems impossible, but by taking a step back and setting small goals, you realize that big goals are attainable.   


Most Proud: WDW Half Marathon Race Recap: Part OnePart Two
This was a hard one to choose but I decided to go with my recaps for my very first half marathon.  The whole event was quite an experience both physically and emotionally, but I finished the race and am so glad I did.  That race will always be a reminder of how far I have come and that you can do things that sometimes seem impossible.


And so I pass it on to these fellow bloggers:  (I think a few of you may already have been nominated, but here you go again!)
Kelley at Moments That Make A Life
Sara at Sara Runs
Allie at The Picky Eating RD
Kara at It's A Dog Lick Baby World
Diana at Veggie Next Door