I have a countdown on my dashboard until moving day and it is telling me I only have 6 days left. Time has flown by because I swear it just said 41 days left the other day. I will be packing up my VW Passat with my stuff to take the 18 hour drive to Chicago with my mom. I looked at several different options in moving such a long distance, but driving ended up being the cheapest and easiest. I won't need a car living in the city so the plan is to sell my car soon after we get up there.
I have a big to do list written up and am slowly checking things off it. Here are a few of the things I have done:
|The upstairs living room is full of my stuff.|
- I have been going through all the stuff that I had in my college apartment and weeding out the things I don't use or need.
- Washed all blankets, towels, and sheets to pack.
- I sold a few things on ebay to make some extra money.
- Donated lots of books and clothes to Goodwill that are too big for me now.
- Went through my huge pile of magazines and recycled the rest.
- I got all the trash out of my car, cleaned all surfaces, and vacuumed it. Plus I got my tires rotated - I want to make sure the road trip will be as smooth as possible.
- Called to have car insurance end next week.
- Set up appointment to have my car appraised.
- Began packing up some of my clothes.
- Packed plates, cups, silverware, pots, pans, and bakeware in boxes.
- Ordered a new bed from IKEA and had it delivered to the apartment (my roommate Kristin is already in Chicago.)
- Set up internet service.
I still have a good bit left to do but it is mostly all detail work like,
- Getting the measurements for the windows so I can bring the right curtains.
- Change my mailing address for magazines, bank, and credit cards.
- Finish packing the rest of my clothes.
- Make sure to bring cleaning supplies.
- Send some e-mails and apply for some jobs.
- Print out driving directions.
- Musics, books, magazines, food and drinks for the car trip.
- Figuring out how I am going to organize and fit everything in my car so there is still room for me and my mom. I might need to ship some things if I don't have enough room.
I am sure I am forgetting something, but at least I have five more days to figure it out. Plus there is all the unpacking and shopping to do when I actually get up there.
I am kind of overwhelmed, not just by my to do list, but the fact that I am actually moving to Chicago. Fingers crossed everything goes well!
Our Girls on the Run Final Celebration 5K is this Saturday at Pointe Orlando as well. This is the last race I have on my schedule right now. Once I get settled in Chicago I know some race will catch my eye! For now I am just keeping up with running three days a week and cross-training two. I know we are going to have a great time this weekend and it will be a nice distraction from the tedious job of moving.