Friday, January 7, 2011

Running my First Half Marathon in the Morning

Well, this is it.  The time has come.  After three and half months of training I will be racing in my very first half marathon at Disney World tomorrow morning.  Racers have to be in the starting area by 5 AM, so we have to get up dark and early to be there on time.  


Earlier this week I was feeling good about everything, but now that it is the night before, I am feeling a bit anxious and nervous.  I am trying to stay positive though.  I am pretty sure I can do this; I need to trust the training I did.  I followed the Marathoning for Mortals run/walk plan, for those who don't already know.  It is a great book, that gave me tons of information and the final push to actually run this race.  I honestly had NEVER considered running a half marathon (those are for like super athletes, right?).  I used to be the girl that hated running the mile in gym class and now I am planning to complete 13.1 miles.  It is so crazy and exciting!
I have all my gear laid out, water bottle ready, fuel packed, and gadgets charged for the morning.  My goal is to simply finish the race and have fun!  I am number 36256 and am in corral E which starts around 6 AM.  Wish me luck! 


*I can do this.  I can do this.  I am going to do this!*  

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Oh, you can definitely do this!!

Lauren George said...

I can't wait to hear all about the race!! I know you did great!!

Post a Comment