Thursday, October 14, 2010

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins with Streusel Topping

Last night I tweeted about how good the Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins I was baking smelled.  Since seeing this recipe online last week I have been wanting to make them.  Pumpkin and cream cheese frosting mixed in one - how can that be bad?  This recipe proves that it can't.  No, these are not low-fat or sugar free or anything, they are just plain good!  You can't deprive yourself of the good stuff because that is no way to live life.  These muffins have fall written all over them!
MMM!  Look at that yummy filling!
If you don't know about Annie's Eats you should.  I check her site out daily to see what amazing food she is making.  We have made several of her recipes at our house and love them all.  
The Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins I made were featured on her website last week.  The recipe isn't too hard.  I just made half of the recipe because we didn't need 24 muffins sitting around.  I made the filling first and then let it freeze for two hours. Then I made the cake and streusel topping before filling the pans and baking for 20 minutes.  
So if you are looking for a delicious fall treat - check out the recipe here and enjoy!