Thursday, July 1, 2010

Set Some Goals for July!


All right, new month means new goals.  It is once again time to set small goals for yourself to achieve in the month of July.  Summer is here and that does not mean you get to loaf around all day, take advantage of time off, the weather, and spending time with friends and family.  
Here are my goals for the month:
  • Get in more fruits and vegetables!  So, confession, I have not been the best at getting my five-a-day, even though I know it is important and good for me.  I am still on my weight loss journey and have hit a bit of plateau and I think eating more fruits and veggies will help me get over it, plus keep me fuller so I am not munching.
  • Run for 20-30 minutes straight!  This is something I have wanted to do for awhile and I am hoping that putting down and out for people to see will really get me to achieve it.  I have been working on becoming a runner, because of the health benefits, positive personal running stories I have read, and inspiration from my friends and family who run.  Right now I can run about 3-7 minutes straight through and then I take walk breaks and run again, which is more than I have been able to do probably ever in my life.  I have a small training program to help me get there and have downloaded a podcast I am going to try as well.  (If you have any tips for starting running I would love to hear them!)
I have a feeling this will be a tough month, but after the success of last month's goals, I know it will all be worth it! 
So what are you thinking of trying for a month?  What goals are you setting?