Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Set Some Goals for the Month!

So reading around the blogosphere and after seeing this same idea on other sites I thought I would post it on my own.  I am not sure why I did not think of it before, but setting small goals is certainly a great way to work toward something and stay motivated.  
There are not really any rules as to what these goals should be just things you want to work on at home, at work, at school, for fun, concerning exercise or food, whatever, this is your chance to try something new or improve one thing about your life.  They don’t have to be big changes, just a few things you want to work on for the month.  Make a promise to yourself to try 2-5 things for the entire month.  Who knows you could decide to walk five times a week, do a new workout DVD, add fruit to your breakfast, try a new food, call an old friend, you get the idea.
So this is my first list of my monthly goals for June:
  • Read more books!  Now that I am no longer in school I have time to read anything I want and not just what is assigned.  I hope to get through a few books this month, because my reading list is quite long!
  • Use Twitter!  I just got a new account thanks to this encouraging post.  I have only been tweeting for two days, but I love it so far.  Follow me here!
  • Add Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred to my workout routine.  I have done these workouts before, but I am going to commit to doing them at least four times a week, hopefully five.  
Well that is what I am working on for this month, lets see how it goes! 
Join along with the monthly challenge!  What are your goals for this month?