Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Completed: June's Monthly Goals

At the beginning of the month I set out to work on three things I wanted to do or improve on for the month of June.  So how did it go....
I have to say that my first month of setting small goals worked out really well.  I can put a check next to each item on my goal list.  
  
  • Read More Books! I tried to read at least 15 minutes each day, mostly before bed, and I did this all but a few nights.  I got through three books: The Time Traveler’s Wife, House Rules, and Commencement.  I LOVED The Time Traveler’s Wife, House Rules was just OK, and Commencement is really a great book.
  • Use Twitter!  After using Twitter for a month I feel much more comfortable with the platform.  I would still say I am a novice, but I am working on connecting with more people.  My account tells me that I have sent 46 tweets and I think that is a pretty good number for a month’s time.  So follow me on Twitter I would love to hear from you!
  • Do Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred!  Wooo!  This was a hard one for sure, but it was worth all of the work.  This was my second time trying to get through the Shred and I am happy to say it was successful.  You just need the DVD, a mat, light weights and about 30 minutes to do this workout which consists of three circuits of strength, cardio, and ab work.  I did the workout about four days a week and supplemented it with some cardio: biking, running, walking, etc. and had one rest day for each week.  After this month I feel fabulous.  Jillian Michaels knows how to work you out for sure! Now I know the DVD cover says you can lose up to 20lbs, but this consists of following Jillian’s eating plan and doing the Shred every day.  I didn’t do that.  I like my diet (i.e. what I eat), it works for me, and I liked doing the workout four days of the week.  I am down a dress size, lost about 5 pounds and 5 inches from my body.  I didn’t lose any inches off my arms, but they are definitely more toned.  I have more endurance, which helps with my running, I feel stronger, my clothes fit better, and my body is more toned.  These may not seem like huge numbers but I am pretty happy with the results I got and recommend this program to anyone looking to tone and lose a few pounds.  Yes, it is difficult, especially if you are just starting a workout routine, and yes, you will be sore, but really it is great program that gets results.
So although I completed all of June’s goals I am going to continue to read (I have a huge list of books) and use Twitter so I can share info with you and you can share info with me (I told you I am an information junkie).  I am not going to be doing the Shred as much as I did this month, but it is certainly a workout I will come back to and use every once in a while.  Of course I don’t want to just stop my progress, so I will be trying something new for July (post coming soon!).
I am very interested to hear how your monthly goals went.  Did you complete what you wanted to?  Learn something new?  Have any recommendations?  Let me know!  

1 comment:

Kelley said...

Wow you have motivated me!! I am going to set some goals because it will give me a focus and something to feel proud about when I meet them - Thanks :)

Post a Comment